- Artwork by Eli Jorgensen
Sarah Doody challenges us to think of our portfolio as one of the most important products we’ll ever create. She urges us to not only communicate our contributions, but to both show and tell the story of each project. In the end, she teaches us that using the right process is more than just about landing our next UX job–it will also make us better designers.
Sarah Doody is a user experience designer and product strategist based in New York City. She helps product teams create products people need and love. She does this through smart and fast research, prototyping, and experience design. She produces a highly acclaimed weekly newsletter called the UX Notebook. She created and taught General Assembly’s first 12-week User Experience program back in 2011. She was originally going to be a neuroscientist.
- Ideal Number of Projects (4:07)
- Lead with the Best Project (5:40)
- Alternate Portfolios (7:13)
- What a Recruiter Is Looking For Most (13:03)
- Proving Your Knowledge (15:52)
- What Does Storytelling Mean? (23:47)
- Edit Your Work (29:48)
- Do You Need a Website? (39:44)
- Build a Portfolio Quickly (49:36)
- The UX Academy (54:09)
- Best Advice (56:31)